First of all, congratulations if you’re just starting in business! Second, if you offer any service, getting as many customers on the phone as possible should be your priority.
To accomplish that, your website should be as concise and user-friendly as possible. A one-page website can be exactly what you need. I also have a bonus for you in today’s video: a walkthrough of my one-page Squarespace template.
Although it was created with social media managers in mind, this one-page Squarespace template may be modified for any other service-based business.
A one-page website offers a lot of advantages. One-page websites can be more effective at getting your point across because they load more quickly and are simpler to use. On Squarespace, building a single-page website is simple.
What is A One-Page Website?
A website with a single page that provides all the information a visitor needs to take action is known as a one-page website, also known as a single-page or parallax scrolling website. There are no further pages, such as an About page, services page, or contact page. One page has all the information. Keep that in mind while we discuss the benefits of one-page websites if you have any doubts about what they can accomplish.
The Role of One Page Squarespace Website
A one-page Squarespace website, also known as a single-page website, is a type of website that presents all its content on a single, vertically scrolling page. These websites are often used for specific purposes or projects that require a straightforward and concise online presence. Here are some key roles and benefits of a one-page Squarespace website:
- Simplicity and Focus: One-page websites are minimalistic and focused. They present essential information, making them suitable for showcasing a single product, event, portfolio, or personal brand without overwhelming the visitor with multiple pages and navigation options.
- Promotion and Landing Pages: One-page Squarespace sites are ideal for creating promotional or landing pages for marketing campaigns, product launches, or events. They can be designed to capture the visitor’s attention and guide them toward a specific call to action (CTA), such as signing up, making a purchase, or attending an event.
- Storytelling and Narrative: One-page websites allow for a linear storytelling approach. You can use scrolling as a narrative tool to guide visitors through a compelling story or journey, presenting information in a sequence that builds engagement and interest.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: One-page websites are naturally mobile-friendly because they often involve vertical scrolling, which aligns well with mobile device usage. Squarespace’s responsive design ensures your single-page site looks great on all screen sizes.
- Fast Loading Times: With fewer pages and simplified content, one-page websites tend to load quickly.
- Squarespace Features: Squarespace offers a user-friendly and feature-rich platform for building one-page websites. You can leverage Squarespace’s templates, design tools, and integrations to create a visually appealing and functional site without extensive coding.
- Cost-Effective: A one-page Squarespace website can be cost-effective compared to larger multi-page websites, making it an excellent choice for startups, small businesses, freelancers, or individuals with budget constraints.
- Portfolios and Resumes: Creatives, such as photographers, designers, artists, or writers, often use one-page websites to showcase their portfolios or resumes in a visually appealing and concise manner.
- Event Promotion: One-page sites can promote events, conferences, workshops, or webinars. They can include event details, schedules, registration forms, and contact information on a single page.
- Prototypes and Projects: Individuals or teams working on specific projects or prototypes may use one-page websites to share their work, progress, and concepts with stakeholders or the public.
- Startup Landing Pages: Startups frequently use one-page Squarespace websites as landing pages to introduce their product or service, highlight its unique value proposition, and encourage sign-ups or conversions.
- Personal Branding: Professionals and influencers looking to establish their personal brand online can create one-page websites to showcase their expertise, achievements, and contact information.
While one-page Squarespace websites offer many benefits, it’s essential to choose this format when it aligns with your specific goals and content. If your website requires in-depth information, multiple sections, or complex functionality, a traditional multi-page website may be more appropriate. Ultimately, the role of a one-page Squarespace website is to effectively convey focused content, engage visitors, and drive specific actions.
Guide To Create a One-Page Squarespace Website
Creating a one-page Squarespace website is a straightforward process. Squarespace offers a user-friendly website builder that simplifies the design and development of your single-page site.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Sign Up for a Squarespace Account:
If you still need a Squarespace account, visit the Squarespace website and sign up.
- Choose a Template:
Squarespace provides a variety of professionally designed templates. Choose a template from the gallery that best fits the design and function of your one-page website. Remember that you can customize the template extensively to fit your needs.
- Create a New Website:
After selecting a template, you’ll be prompted to create a new website. Provide a name for your website, and Squarespace will generate a temporary domain for you to use during the setup process.
- Access the Squarespace Editor:
You’ll be taken to the Squarespace editor, where you can customize your website. The editor provides a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
- Edit and Customize Your Page:
Your one-page website will consist of sections or content blocks that you can customize. Here’s how to create and edit sections:
Add Sections: To add new sections to your page, click the “+” button or drag and drop content blocks from the sidebar. Common sections include text, images, galleries, forms, and more.
Edit Content: Click on a section to edit its content. To each area, you can add text, pictures, videos, and other components. To style your text and media, use the formatting options.
Reorder Sections: To change the order of sections, simply drag and drop them in the editor. This allows you to create a logical flow for your one-page website.
Design and Styling: Customize the design of your sections by adjusting fonts, colors, spacing, and other styling options. Squarespace offers a wide range of design controls.
Navigation Links: Create navigation links or buttons within your sections to allow users to jump to specific parts of your one-page site. You can link to sections using anchor links.
- Configure Settings:
Access the site settings to configure details such as your site title, logo, favicon, and social media integration. You can also set SEO options, domain settings, and more.
- Mobile Optimization:
Squarespace automatically optimizes your one-page website for mobile devices. However, it’s a good practice to review the mobile view and make adjustments as needed to ensure a smooth mobile experience.
- Test and Preview:
Prior to launching your single-page Squarespace site, utilize the preview mode for a visual and functional assessment. Validate links, buttons, and forms for seamless operation.
- Publish Your Website:
When satisfied with your one-page website, click the “Publish” button to make it live. You can use your Squarespace-generated domain or connect a custom domain you own.
- Promote and Share:
After publishing, share your one-page Squarespace website with your target audience. To increase visitors to your website, think about utilizing social media, email marketing, or other marketing techniques.
- Monitor and Update:
Regularly monitor your website’s performance, analyze visitor data, and update content as needed to keep it relevant and engaging.
Creating a one-page Squarespace website is a flexible and user-friendly process, allowing you to showcase your content, portfolio, or promotion effectively on a single page. Squarespace’s design tools and templates make it easy to achieve a polished and professional look for your website.